[Review] My Scheming Blackhead Removing Activated Carbon Mask Set

7:12 pm


I'm sure everyone can agree with me that blackheads are the most frustrating little buggers ever! They can appear as little bumps on your face which does not make your foundation look cute at all. They emphasize the look of your pores and they're just not appealing to the eye. Pore strips are a great way to get rid of them, but these black masks have been all the rave lately, so I decided to try it out.

This specific Blackhead removing mask can be found on Amazon for around $25 CAD. It is a 3 step process; 1. Deep Pore Demineralizing water 2. Blackhead Removal Activated Carbon Mask 3. Sebum Clarifying Pore Treatment Essence. The first time I tried this product, I followed the English instructions on the back of the box; basically you put on step one, then two, let dry, peel, and apply step three; very straight forward, didn't seem complicated to use. To my disappointment, I saw no results. But then my friend told me that I should use it the way everyone on the internet does; step 1 for 8 minutes, wash off, step 2 and then step 3. Here are my results.

Top/left is my before and bottom/right is my after. As you can see there is no real difference between the pictures. My nose was definitely more smooth, which is great for when I'm applying foundation. But other than that almost no black/white heads were removed. Most of what was taken off was just dead flaky skin. I was so disappointed when this didn't work out for me because I was so excited ! For now I'll keep sticking to my nose strips. If there is any other way to use this mask, please let me know and I'll definitely give it another go !

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hey Lisa! Great review! I've seen other people try it and usually peeling from the bottom first for this particular product works better. Maybe try exfoliating (in the shower) prior as well to open the pores up for better results. Good luck :)
    myetherealm.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I steamed my face and peeled starting from the bottom, I guess it just didn't work for me :( Thanks for checking out my blog !

      Delete
  2. Such a great review! I highly recommend using clay masks for reducing blackheads/pores

    Sophie - eselle x

    ReplyDelete